Notices to Trampers
This page lists important links to the latest information on tramping routes and facilities.
FMC recommends trampers check the latest information prior to setting off so as to avoid unnecessary, and sometimes unpleasant, surprises. Finding a crucial access bridge missing can be a frustrating start to a trip!
Note: FMC is regularly advised of information affecting tramping routes and facilities. However, it has proved difficult to keep this up-to-date on our website, so we now direct you to the sources of the information. The accuracy of the information at those sites rests with the site owners, and users should interpret them with discretion.
Information on tramping routes and facilities can be found here:
- Department of Conservation alerts and contact details for local offices and information centres
- Access to East Taupo Lands Trust land adjoining Kaimanawa and Kaweka Forest Parks
- NZ Alpine Club guidebooks
- Arthur’s Pass National Park information at Softrock.co.nz
- Walking Access Commission, including access maps
- Mountain Safety Council, including instruction manuals
Information on current mountain conditions may be available from DoC offices or from guiding companies, such as:
To recommend additional links to this page please email the webmaster.