FMC is currently developing a short promotional video clip. We’d like to include footage that celebrates the wide range of environments we cherish, activities we participate in and demographics we belong to.
With that in mind, we’re inviting contributions of raw footage for the project. The finished project will only be 1-2minutes, so we’re looking for very short snippets of interesting and varied footage.
We’re after that little bit of footage that you were really proud of, which makes you laugh, go “wow”, reminisce or yearn for being back in the hills. Together, it would help us tell the story of the people, places, activities and heritage of NZ’s wild mountain places and FMC’s place at the heart of outdoor recreation.
In particular, we’re looking for footage involving;
- The full spectrum of activities that FMC members enjoy; from Tramping to Mountaineering, Climbing to Canyoning, Packrafting, Rogaining, Mountain Biking, Paragliding and more.
- Historical footage.
- Places that are special to you, all around New Zealand.
- Volunteering: huts and tracks maintenance, biodiversity.
- Aspects of backcountry life; huts, campfires, camaraderie, adversity and accomplishment.
- Clubs, teams and groups working together.
- People young and old, new and experienced, who all share a common value, found in our mountains.
Get in touch to contribute!
Contributions are being sought during the month of April. We’re generally looking for quality footage, though lower quality footage that captures the essence of our project will be considered too. You must have the rights to the footage and be willing to agree for FMC to use the footage in its promotional video.
If you have some footage which you’d like to give to the project, contact Dan Clearwater, FMC development officer: email@example.com Please include a short description of the footage, to see if it would work well with the project.