Join one of our affiliated clubs…
By joining one of FMC’s affiliated clubs, you’ll be contributing to FMC and will be able to access FMC benefits, including our FMC discount card and copies of our Backcountry magazine. Find a club which suits you, and join them directly.
We think that one of the best ways to develop your skills and knowledge in the outdoor is to join a club. Get new ideas for places to tramp, meet new people with similar interests, get good advice and instruction for getting into the mountains.
Join as an FMC individual supporter
Anyone who wants to directly support the work of FMC can do so by becoming an Individual Supporter. Benefits include personal subscription to Backcountry – the FMC quarterly magazine, and our FMC discount card, with associated discounts.
Individual Supporter Categories:
- NZ Adult: $45 for a single person
- NZ Family: $55 for a family – this entitles you to 2 Discount Cards (More may be supplied on request)
- NZ Youth: $20 for people aged under 19 or still at secondary school
- NZ Youth Leader: $30 * For people who are actively involved in training young people in outdoor skills through a school or Youth Organisation (See notes below)
- Australia: $NZ55 for an adult
- Rest of World $NZ60 for an adult
(Or you can download a New Individual Supporter application form and post it in to us: )
*Youth Leader Supporter
FMC recognises the work done by teachers in our schools and leaders in Youth Organisations and has a special supporter category for these people at a discounted rate. As well as all the benefits of being an FMC Supporter and knowing you are supporting the work of FMC you will be able to:
- Endorse applications by young people in your organisation for the Scholarships FMC offers (Refer to Expedition Scholarships and Youth Award Grants)
- Endorse entries by young people in your organisation to FMC Competitions
- Enable young people in your organisation to access copies of FMC Backcountry and other supporter benefits
- The cost of the FMC Youth Leader Supporter is $30 pa
- Youth Leader sub runs from 1 Feb to 31 Jan
- When you complete the Join page you will be asked to name the School or Youth Organisation you work with.
The easiest way to join is to follow the link below and join online (With on Line banking or Credit card payment). If you want your school to pay your fee then complete the online form from the link below – and in the Payment Method choose “Independent Payment” , then email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us to send your school an invoice for your supporter fee.
Affiliate your Club or Group…
FMC welcomes affiliation applications from all clubs or groups that participate in active, non-motorised outdoor recreation pursuits in the backcountry.
The main reason to affiliate is to support the advocacy work of FMC, in defending an outdoor life worth living. The more clubs and members we have, the stronger our collective voice.
Other benefits for clubs and their members include:
- FMC Discount Card. Access to many discounts to products and services, including 30% off a DOC Annual Hut Pass.
- Advice and support. Affiliated clubs may directly request support and advice from FMC on any relevant matter (advocacy support for a local issue, advice on legal issues and so on)
- Photo competition. Clubs are eligible to enter the best photos of their members for our annual competition, with great prizes.
- Grants and Scholarships. Eligible to apply for the Training Grant, Expedition Scholarship and Youth Award Grant.
- NZ Mountain Films. Free access to a short selection of the NZ Mountain Film Festival films.
- Free promotion of club notices. Clubs may ask for FMC to promote their events, services, reunions, courses etc via FMC’s various communication channels.
Applicant clubs or groups do not need to be incorporated. Clubs may be partially or fully affiliated. In the former only some club members will be financially affiliated to FMC and receive the benefits of FMC membership, in the latter all club members will receive the full benefits of FMC membership.
Affiliated Clubs Membership Conditions
- Partial Declaration: minimum of 5 members, $17 each
- Full Declaration: minimum of 20 members, $15 each
- Membership runs from March – February
Sign up for the D2U service
The D2U service is available for current members of FMC Clubs. See the D2U page for all the info.